What started out as a poor mans dish now graces your favorite Mexican menu. This yummy staple has become as comforting to me as my moms banana pancakes. MIGAS has become my man and I's go to for breakfast. It's easy and very customizable, all you need are corn tortillas, eggs and cheese. The rest is up to you. They're yummy as is or sometimes we add veggie burgers and left over veggies from the night before.
Last weekend we stayed at a beautiful farm up state. It was exactly what I needed. Lush forests, quiet and roaming animals. We took our MIGAS to the next level with farm fresh eggs and fresh goat cheese. Seriously these were the best MIGAS we've made so far!
Farm Fresh MIGAS
(Serves 2-4 depending on the extras)
2 TBSP of evoo
6 corn tortillas
4 farm fresh eggs
1 - 1 1/2 cups of fresh grated cheese
Sliced avocado (optional garnish)
Optional extras (these will up the serving size)
1-2 chopped veggie burgers
1/2-1 cup chopped asparagus
1/2-1 cup chopped mushrooms
1. Quarter tortillas into triangles and set aside .
2. Crack eggs and whip until combined.
3. Add Evoo to pan and heat on med-high heat
4. Add tortilla pieces and cook until crispy but not brown.
5. Add eggs evenly to pan.
6. Cook until starting to set and flip tortilla egg mixture
7. Add cheese (if you're adding in extras add these in now as well)
8. Flip tortilla egg cheese mixture until cheese is melted and egg is cooked.
9. Divide between plates and put sliced avocado on top. Serve with your favorite salsa or crema.