Here's an easy vegetarian recipe, that great during the week after a busy day or for your next dinner party. The Pesto can be made a head, so this is definitely a meal that takes under 30 minutes to make! Pair with a kale salad and some red wine and you're good to go!
Stuffed Mushrooms with Spinach, Pesto + Goat Cheese
1 TBSP of evoo
1 TBSP of Braggs Amino Acids
7 Portobello Mushrooms
1 bunch of Basil
1/2 -3/4 cup Evoo
1/4 cup of Walnuts
2 cloves of Garlic
1 bunch of Spinach
1/4 cup of Goat Cheese
S + P
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Rinse, dry and cut off stems of the mushrooms. Using a spoon, gently scrape out the gills of 6 of them. Marinate 6 portobello mushrooms in Evoo + Braggs and set aside.
3. While the mushrooms are marinating make the pesto. Combine basil, garlic, walnuts and chop in food processor. While the food processor is running, add the 1/2-3/4 cup of Evoo. Process until well combined. Scrape out of food processor and set aside.
4. Rough chop remaining portobello. Add 1 bunch of Spinach and remaining Portobello Mushroom to the food processor. Pulse until finely chopped (about the size of rice).
5. Drain mushrooms from marinate and place onto oiled tray. Place small glob of goat cheese on the center of each portobello mushroom, add spinach/mushroom mixture on top of that, as well as pesto. Spread evenly between mushrooms.
6. Bake mushrooms at 350 for 20-30 minutes until mushrooms are brown and fragrant and the veggie/pesto/cheese mixture is heated through.