With winter in full gear, greys and black have become the everyday. Here's a bright salad sure to put some vibrant color into your next meal. Serve with your favorite soup and crusty bread and you've got yourself a quick dinner.
Quinoa Avocado Radish Salad
Adapted from Plenty: Vibrant Recipes from London's Ottolenghi
You will need:
1 cup quinoa
3 cups of frozen lima beans
2 ripe avocados
2 garlic cloves crushed
2 bunches of radishes, sliced and cut into half moons
1 cup of micro greens
1 tsp ground cumin
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper
1. Cover quinoa with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes until water is evaporated. Pour into bowl, set aside and let dry.
2. Put the lima beans into a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Drain into a colander, rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process and leave to dry. Gently press each bean with your fingers to remove the skin. discard them.
3. Cut around the peel and pitch of each lemon. Cut into sections and squeeze into a mixing bowl.
4. Peel and stone the avocados. Slice thinly and cover with the lemon juice. Add avocado slices to dry quinoa along with lima beans, garlic, radishes, half the micro greens, cumin, olive oil, chili powder and salt and pepper.
5. Toss very gently without breaking the avocado. (Using a rubber spatula helps) Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Garnish with remaining micro greens.