Happy New Year!! Macro Bowls are wonderful anytime but after the holidays, it's the perfect cleansing start to the new year. I was inspired to create this recipe after a wonderful dinner at Souen in Soho. You can customize it however you like. I always try to get 1 green, 1 type of bean and a protein in. Let me know your favorite combinations below.
My favorite Macro Bowl
4 cups of cooked brown rice
2 TBSP of Olive Oil
1 can of Adzuki Beans rinsed and drained.
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
4 cups of spinach
2 cloves of garlic, minced
8 slices of Tempeh
1 TBSP of Braggs Liquid Amino Acids
1 cup of Kimchi
1 TBSP of butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Marinate tempeh slices in Braggs Liquid Amino Acids and set aside.
2.Heat small pot with 1 TBSP of olive oil on medium heat. Sautée Ginger and one clove of garlic for 1 minute. Add Adzuki beans and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined and heated through, turn off heat, cover and set aside.
3. Heat pan with remaining TBSP of olive oil on medium-high heat. Add 2 cloves of garlic and sauté for 1 minute, add in 4 cups of spinach and cook until slightly wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and set aside.
3. In a small pan sauté marinated Tempeh until slightly brown on each side. Be careful not to over cook. Add a splash of water to the pan if it gets dry.
4. Heat a small pan on medium heat add 1 TBSP of butter. When butter is melted add 4 eggs to pan. Cook sunny side up with slightly runny yolks. Split into 4 sections.
5. Divide brown rice, beans, spinach, kimchi and tempeh between bowls. Add a sunny side egg on top and serve.