You don't have to wait for the weekend to have a great breakfast
French Toast is one of those meals that invokes memories of waking up on Saturday mornings, watching cartoons and sitting down to a nice family breakfast. The weekend was always reserved for lingering over French Toast, Banana Pancakes or Omelets and of course Scooby Doo and Pee Wee's Playhouse.
Here's one of my favorite breakfast recipes; Challah French Toast. Serve it warm with your favorite maple syrup. This also freezes well, so feel free to make more for an easy and luxurious weekday breakfast.
Challah French Toast
8 middle slices of Challah bread
Splash of Almond Milk
Cinnamon to taste
Dairy free butter spread
1. Heat pan on low-medium heat. Grease with dairy free butter spread.
2. Crack 3-4 eggs into bowl, add splash of Almond milk and cinnamon to taste. Whisk together until well combined.
3. Dip both sides of bread into egg mixture and place on pan for 2-3 minutes on one side and flip. French Toast should be a golden brown. Adjust heat as needed.
4. Put finished French Toast on plate and cover to keep warm until ready to serve.
5. Repeat steps 1-3 for the rest of your Challah.
6. Serve with dairy free spread and your favorite maple syrup.