Since it's national kale day, I had to share one of my favorite kale recipes; Green Juice. But here's the best part, it's made in your blender! No juicer needed. All you need is a nut milk bag, which can be purchased at my store.
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1 cucumber
- 1-1 1/2 cups of Kale
- 1 green apple
- 1 whole lemon's juice
- 1 celery stalk
- ½ cup of water
1. Peel and roughly chop cucumber
2. Peel and roughly chop green apple
3. Cut ends off of celery and cut into thick pieces
4. Place above ingredients, along with kale, lemon juice and water into a blender.
5. Blend until its a smoothie consistency
6. Open nut milk bag and place inside a mixing bowl.
7. Pour smoothie into nutmilk bag.
8. While holding the bag closed, strain smoothie through the bag squeezing green juice into the bowl (almost like milking a cow).
9. Pour green juice into 1-2 glasses and enjoy!
Wanna learn how to make juice in your own blender at home? Come to my Raw Foods 101 class October 26th. Find out more and register here.