There's starting to be a chill in the air, and I'm starting to crave all things Carrot and Apple. One of my favorite meals to make when the temps go down is soup!! There's nothing like a warm bowl of my favorite vegetarian variety (Curried Squash and Vegetarian Chili come to mind). Here's another favorite, Curried Carrot. Serve with your favorite crusty bread and a green salad and you'll be good to go!
Curried Carrot Soup
(Serves 2 as a starter)
2 scallions, chopped
1-2 cloves of garlic (smashed)
1 tbsps of oil
1 bag of organic baby carrots
3-5 mushrooms sliced up
1-2 cups of filtered water or vegetable broth (enough to cover the carrots)
1/2-1 Tbsp of curry powder
Cinnamon to taste
S & P to taste
2 dollops of yogurt for garnish (optional)
Chopped Scallions for garnish (optional)
1. Saute Garlic and Scallions in oil until fragrant
2. Add bag of Carrots and Mushrooms and saute a few minutes more until everything is mixed well.
3. Add water or broth covering the veggies and bring to a boil
4. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until carrots soften.
5. Once the carrots are soft, transfer veggies to food processor leaving as much liquid in the pot as possible. Puree until smooth.
6. Transfer pureed carrots back into pot and add Curry, S& P and Cinnamon. Stir until heated through.
7. Pour into bowls, garnish with Cinnamon and Enjoy!